Whipped Cream Chicken Salad
- Yield 4 cups
This versatile chicken salad can be served in pastry shells or scooped-out cherry tomatoes, or use it as a sandwich filling.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced almonds
- In a large bowl toss the chicken with the celery, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice and mix well. Gently fold in the whipped cream until it is well incorporated.
- Refrigerate the salad for about an hour. Before serving, sprinkle with the almonds.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Charleston’s Charleston Receipts Album; An Organizer for your Collected Recipes (Charleston, South Carolina 2007).