Whipped Cream Chicken Salad
- Yield: 4 cups
- 2cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1/2cups diced celery
- 2tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1/2cup chopped or sliced almonds
- In a large bowl toss the chicken with the celery, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice and mix well. Gently fold in the whipped cream until it is well incorporated.
- Refrigerate the salad for about an hour. Before serving, sprinkle with the almonds.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Charleston’s Charleston Receipts Album; An Organizer for your Collected Recipes (Charleston, South Carolina 2007).