West Coast Turkey Chili
- Yield 8 servings
Add some heat to your dinner with a taste of the West Coast in this reduced-fat turkey chili.
- 1 cup green pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 -- cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 -- (15 1/2-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 -- (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups cooked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté green pepper, onion and garlic in oil 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add beans, tomatoes, wine, turkey, chili powder, cilantro, red pepper and salt. Increase heat and bring mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with additional onion or fresh cilantro.