Weeknight Noodle Stir-Fry
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 1teaspoon sesame oil
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally
- 6-8 baby sweet corn, sliced diagonally
- 3tablespoons soy sauce, plus extra for seasoning
- 5 1/2ounces marinated tofu pieces
- 1 1/2cups kale, chopped
- 5 1/2ounces udon noodles
- Chopped cilantro and toasted sesame or hemp seeds to serve
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil for the noodles.
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients until they fully emulsify. Set aside until needed.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the scallions to the wok and cook until just starting to crisp up a little.
- Add the carrot and sweet corn to the wok along with the soy sauce. Cook for several minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Toss in the marinated tofu. Stir-fry for several minutes before adding the kale. Add a small amount of the sauce and let the kale cook down.
- Cook the udon noodles in the boiling water for 6-8 minutes. Drain, then rinse under cool water before adding to the wok along with the remaining sauce.
- Stir to heat through, season with a little more soy sauce, and serve with some chopped cilantro and a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds or hemp seeds.
Recipe from Keep it Vegan: Over 100 Simple, Healthy and Delicious Dishes by Áine Carlin (Kyle Books, 2015)