Watermelon Waldorf Salad
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Try this summery salad for your Fourth of July picnic. You won’t miss the mayonnaise dressing at all.
- 3 cups seeded or seedless watermelon in 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes
- -- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda like Sprite or 7-up
- -- Mint sprigs, for garnish, optional
- Combine all ingredients except mint in a large mixing bowl. Chill and serve in clear glass bowls or wine glasses. You can garnish with fresh mint sprigs, if desired.