- Yield servings
Smoothies make a great solution for mouth sores, as they are soothing. Because citrus foods can make the discomfort worse, kiwifruit, watermelon and bananas are good choices.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped seeded watermelon
- 1 whole kiwi-fruit, peeled, cut into pieces
- 2 large ice cubes
- 1 whole banana, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chilled apple juice
- In a blender, place all ingredients. Cover; blend on high for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour mixture into glasses.
Reprinted with permission from Betty Crocker’s Living with Cancer Cookbook by Kris Gosh, M.D., M.B.A. and Linda Carson, M.D. (c) John Wiley & Sons Inc.