Watermelon Feta Bruschetta
- Yield: 16 pieces
- 2tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2cups diced watermelon
- 1cup feta cheese, cut into fine dice
- 2tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 4teaspoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- For 16 toasts:
- 1loaf crusty Italian or French bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a bowl toss together watermelon, cheese, chives, mint, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste and mound about 1 tablespoon on oiled side of each toast.
- To make toasts: Prepare grill or preheat broiler. With a serrated knife cut bread crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. Arrange bread slices in one layer in a shallow baking pan and bake in middle of oven until golden, about 10 minutes.