Watermelon Feta Bruschetta
- Yield 16 pieces
Salty feta and sweet watermelon pair up in this summery appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1 cup feta cheese, cut into fine dice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- For 16 toasts:
- 1 loaf crusty Italian or French bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a bowl toss together watermelon, cheese, chives, mint, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste and mound about 1 tablespoon on oiled side of each toast.
- To make toasts: Prepare grill or preheat broiler. With a serrated knife cut bread crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. Arrange bread slices in one layer in a shallow baking pan and bake in middle of oven until golden, about 10 minutes.