Watermelon and Cantaloupe Salad with Mint and Basil Vinaigrette
- Yield: 4 cups
- 1/2-- watermelon
- 1-- cantaloupe, cut in half, seeded
- 2tablespoons freshly chopped mint leaves, plus whole sprigs for garnish
- 2tablespoons freshly chopped basil leaves, plus whole sprigs for garnish
- 1-- lemon juiced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4cup simple syrup (equal amounts of sugar and water heated until sugar dissolves, cool)
- 1/8teaspoon amaretto
- Scoop 2 cups each from the watermelon and the cantaloupe using a melon baller. Carve the remainder of the watermelon out and reserve shell. Add to a blender the chopped mint, chopped basil, lemon juice, simple syrup and amaretto. Blend until smooth.
- Add the watermelon and cantaloupe balls to the carved-out watermelon half.
- Add the vinaigrette to the balls and toss to combine. Garnish with the mint and basil sprigs and taste.