Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 6 servings
The wasabi adds a little kick to this light and healthy dish.
- 6 -- Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into squares
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- -- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons prepared wasabi (Japanese horseradish)
- 1 to 2 tablespoon basil oil
- Cook the potatoes in enough salted water to cover in a saucepan until tender; drain well. Whip with a mixer or press through a food mill. Add the sour cream, milk, salt and white pepper and beat at low speed until smooth.
- Add the wasabi gradually, beating constantly and checking frequently for taste; you may not need the entire amount. Add the basil oil for color, if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Cal-a-Vie Living: Gourmet Spa Cuisine (Cal-a-Vie, The Spa Havens, 2007).