Warming Chicken and Asian Vegetable Soup
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Snow peas, ginger, and fresh mint combine in this Asian-inspired chicken soup.
- 4 -- chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, cut into thin slivers
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 piece ginger, about 4 inches wide, unpeeled, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 -- carrots, diced
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced
- 4 -- scallions, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, place chicken broth, chili paste, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Bring mixture to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes.
- In another large pot, place chicken slices and carrots. Strain heated broth over chicken and carrots. Simmer over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Stir in snow peas; simmer 1 minute. Stir in scallions, bean sprouts and mint; simmer an additional 2 minutes. Serve hot.