Warmed Peach Melba and Ice Cream
- Yield 4 servings
A perfect summer dessert when peaches and raspberries are in season.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- -- Juice of 1 orange or lemon
- 2 -- peaches, pits removed, sliced into one-eighths
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 -- fresh mint sprigs
- In medium saucepan, heat butter. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, orange or lemon juice and peaches. Cook on low heat, stirrring often for 2 minutes or until peaches are heated through. Remove from heat. Gently stir in raspberries. Place one scoop ice cream in serving bowl. Top with 1/4 of the mixture. Serve with fresh mint springs.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Marguerite Marceau Henderson’s Savor the Memories (2002).