Warmed Peach Melba and Ice Cream
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1/4teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2tablespoons sugar
- -- Juice of 1 orange or lemon
- 2-- peaches, pits removed, sliced into one-eighths
- 1pint fresh raspberries
- 4large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4-- fresh mint sprigs
- In medium saucepan, heat butter. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, orange or lemon juice and peaches. Cook on low heat, stirrring often for 2 minutes or until peaches are heated through. Remove from heat. Gently stir in raspberries. Place one scoop ice cream in serving bowl. Top with 1/4 of the mixture. Serve with fresh mint springs.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Marguerite Marceau Henderson’s Savor the Memories (2002).