Warm Tuscan Chicken Sandwiches
- Yield 4 servings
Grab a baguette and some sliced precooked chicken and you’re halfway to a toasty Italian-style sandwich.
- 1 pound pre-cooked chicken, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf crusty baguette, split lengthwise and soft insides removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 pound sliced Provolone cheese
- 8 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and cut into strips
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Combine rosemary, basil, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside. Brush inside of baguette halves with olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with herb mixture.
- Place sliced chicken, Provolone and sun-dried tomato strips evenly on one baguette half. Put other half of baguette on top, press down slightly and tie the baguette, at 2-inch intervals, with kitchen string, if desired.
- Put baguette on a baking sheet and into the hot oven. Bake until warmed through and cheese is melted, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove strings and cut into quarters before serving.