- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1bunch dark greens (kale, beet greens, collards, chard)
- 2medium chicken sausages (any flavor)
- 1cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 1tablespoon flax seed
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1pinch sea salt
- 1pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Tear greens into 2 inch pieces. Submerge torn pieces in a large bowl filled with water. Swish leaves around to remove any dirt. Drain and spin leaves in salad spinner. You may have to spin-dry in batches if you have a lot of leaves. The leaves do not need to be completely dry.
- Cook chicken sausage according to the directions on the package. Cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes. Stir with wooden spoon until tomatoes soften. Add greens and turn with tongs until leaves fully wilt. Note: Beet greens or Swiss chard may need less time to wilt than kale or collards. Sprinkle lemon juice and crushed red pepper, if using, onto wilted leaves. Add salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and add chicken sausage to pan. Sprinkle flax seed on top. Toss to combine. Split meal between two bowls (the sides of the bowl help to keep the food hot) and serve.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 343
- Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Sodium 864mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 24g