- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- 4 baby lettuces (or 2 larger romaine hearts) split in half
- 1/4cup almonds, chopped
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1tablespoon grapeseed or olive oil
- 1teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- In a small pan, toast the almonds until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan, and melt the butter until it’s sizzling.
- Add the lettuce to the pan, face down, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve them face side up, drizzled with the oil and vinegar and topped with the toasted almonds and a pinch of salt.
This recipe from Honest Cooking was republished with permission. It originally appeared as Buttered Lettuce with Toasted Almonds at The Bite House.