Warm Potato Salad
- Yield: 10 servings
- 2cups cider vinegar
- 2cups packed brown sugar
- 8cups water
- 1/3cup salt
- 2 1/2pounds unpeeled red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8ounces bacon, finely chopped
- 1 1/2cups sliced celery
- 1cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the vinegar, brown sugar, water and salt in a 2-gallon saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 25 minutes or just until tender.
- Brown the bacon in a skillet. Combine the bacon, bacon drippings, celery, onion and olive oil in a bowl.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the bacon mixture. Mix gently and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Biltmore Company, Biltmore, Our Table to Yours, Chef’s Selection Cookbook (The Biltmore Company, 2007).