Warm Potato Salad
- Yield 10 servings
Savory, tart, and a little sweet, this potato salad is especially good with a hearty sandwich.
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 8 cups water
- 1/3 cup salt
- 2 1/2 pounds unpeeled red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces bacon, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the vinegar, brown sugar, water and salt in a 2-gallon saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 25 minutes or just until tender.
- Brown the bacon in a skillet. Combine the bacon, bacon drippings, celery, onion and olive oil in a bowl.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the bacon mixture. Mix gently and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Biltmore Company, Biltmore, Our Table to Yours, Chef’s Selection Cookbook (The Biltmore Company, 2007).