Warm Potato Salad with Arugula and Bacon
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 14ounces tiny new or fingerling potatoes
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2cup apple cider vinegar
- 6tablespoons sugar
- 8slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4-- green onions, thinly sliced
- 4cups loosely packed arugula
- Boil the potatoes in water to cover in a saucepan for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and cool for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Heat the butter in a saucepan until it browns and begins to smell nutty. Remove from the heat and strain into a bowl. Mix the vinegar and sugar in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on High for 1 minute or until the sugar dissolves. Add to the butter and mix well. Season with salt. Keep warm. Combine the potatoes, bacon, green onions and arugula in a bowl and toss to mix. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Wilmington’s Seaboard to Sideboard Entertains (the Junior League of Wilmington, North Carolina, 2011).