Warm Northwest Salmon Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 6 minutes
This recipe is inspired by a similar dish that I did as Executive Chef at Nike World headquarters in Beaverton, Ore.
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1pound skinless salmon, chopped into chunks
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon ground chipotle powder, divided
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 1/2cup California Raisins
- 6tablespoons oil canola
- 6tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro leaves torn
- 1cup snap peas
- 8cups arugula
- 1/4 red onion, cut into halves and sliced very thin
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 1 avocado, scooped and sliced
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add salmon cubes and season with 1 dash salt, 1 dash pepper and half the chipotle powder. Cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add orange juice. Cover and let steam 4 minutes. Transfer salmon to a plate.
- To make vinaigrette, place 3 tablespoons golden raisins, canola oil, lemon juice, cilantro, 1 dash kosher salt and 1 dash black pepper in a blender jar. Process on high until vinaigrette is smooth.
- Heat a small pan with water over high heat. When water comes to a boil, add snap peas and cook 15 seconds. Drain and place in cold water. Drain again.
- Place arugula, red onion, oranges, snap peas, avocado and vinaigrette in a large salad bowl. Toss. Mound salad on 4 plates. Place cooked salmon on outer edge of plate.