Warm Mushroom Dip with Baked Pita Crisps
- Yield 16 servings
This mushroom dip makes a great appetizer or snack.
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons dried paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole-wheat pita breads
- In large skillet melt butter over medium heat; stir in mushrooms, lemon juice, garlic and onions sauté until tender and the liquid given off by the mushrooms has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer; mix in sour cream, dillweed, paprika, salt and pepper and simmer until slightly thickened and warm.
- Cut pita breads in half horizontally with scissors or serrated knife. Cut each half into 8 triangles. Arrange in single layer on cookie sheet; bake in a 400F oven 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve with warm mushroom dip.
Tip: Substitute 2 tablespoons fresh minced dill for the dried and garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel