Warm Kidney Bean Salad
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Try this tart bean salad as a side with barbecue pork, chicken or beef at your next grill-out.
This dish is also good made with Great Northern beans.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups slivered onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 -- (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup green pimento-stuffed olives, sliced in half
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add oregano, vinegar and beans. Cook over low heat until beans are warm.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt, parsley and olives. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by Nancy Krcek Allen.