Warm Ginger Peach Chutney
- Yield 8 servings
Try this warm fruit sauce over seafood, steamed rice or couscous. It’s also perfect as a topping for ice cream, pound cake or shortcakes.
- 6 to 8 medium peaches, pitted, chopped with skin and juice (3 to 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1 -- cinnamon stick
- -- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- Place all the ingredients except mint leaves in a 3 1/2-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes until softened and well combined. Add the mint. Cool and refrigerate overnight.