National Chicken Council
- 1 1/2pounds chicken tenders (8-12 tenders)
- 1cup French geen lentils
- 3cups water
- 1 1/2teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1small onion, diced
- 1stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4cup purchased red wine vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/4cup minced Italian parsley
- In a medium-sized saute pan with a tight fitting lid, combine lentils, water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring water and lentils to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- While lentils cook, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add garlic, onions and celery and sauté until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetables to a medium sized bowl.
- In same pan used to cook vegetables, heat remaining oil over medium high heat. Season chicken tenders with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place in heated pan. Saute on both sides until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- When lentils are tender, drain any liquid, and add lentils to vegetables. Stir in dressing and parsley, mix well.
- Spoon lentils onto a serving platter and top with chicken tenders.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 690
- Fat 37g
- Saturated Fat 6g
- Carbohydrate 57g
- Fiber 10g
- Protein 36g