Warm Broccoli Mushroom Salad
- Yield 6 servings
This broccoli salad is a breeze to make and...oh so good!
- 4 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 3 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons raspberry or balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces (about 2 1/2 cups) white button mushrooms, sliced
- In a medium saucepan bring 1-inch water to a boil. Add broccoli; return water to a boil; reduce heat, simmer covered until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat cook bacon until nearly crisp and most of the fat is rendered out, about 4 minutes. Add onion, cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is crisp-tender and the bacon is crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in vinegar; cook and stir until vinegar is reduced by half, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, salt and reserved broccoli; toss to coat. Serve immediately while slightly warm.