Brie Crostini with Blueberry Compote
- Yield 8 servings
Brie on baguette rounds meets its match in a compote of fresh blueberries and mint for an easy party appetizer.
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 6 ounces brie cheese, sliced
- 16 slices baguette, toasted
- Chopped candies almond (optional)
- Sauté onion in olive oil in a medium sauté pan until tender, about 5 minutes. Add mint, blueberries, sugar, vinegar and juice. Cook until juice reduces and sugar dissolves, 10 to 15 minutes. Let mixture cool to warm or room temperature.
- To assemble: arrange baguette slices on platter. Top with a slice of brie. Spoon on blueberry compote. Serve at room temperature.