Warm Artichoke-Spinach Gratin
- Yield 4 servings
Serve with cream dish as a dip with baguette slices, crudités or flatbread.
This dish can be made ahead and baked when needed. Do not puree the dip too finely, You want small chunks of artichoke to peek through.
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, defrosted with the excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon low-fat cream cheese, softened
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a blender or a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine all ingredients except parmesan cheese. Use on/off pulses to coarse-chop ingredients and combine well.
- Transfer artichoke mixture to a 1-quart casserole sprayed lightly with nonstick olive or vegetable oil cooking spray. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese and bake 15 minutes until heated through and cheese melts.