Warm Apple Pie Oats
- Yield 2 servings
Oats and apples combine for a warming breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 organic apple, chopped
- Seeds from 1/4 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat margarine in small pot and add chopped apple and stir until apples a little soft.
- Add vanilla bean seeds and cinnamon stick and let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add almond milk and water and let come to a boil.
- Add oats, flax seed, walnuts and salt.
- Stir occasionally until you get a creamy consistency.
- Serve and garnish with apple slices, cinnamon and brown sugar.
Recipe by Diane Visser of To Cheese or Not To Cheese?, courtesy of Meatless Monday