- Yield 16 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 5 mins
Create this fresh and easy-to-prepare walnut pesto that is both creamy and flavourful. Spruce up traditional holiday dinners with this easy-to-prepare walnut pesto that is both creamy and flavourful.
- 1/2 pound California walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan cheese)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 4 ounces 35% cream
- -- salt, to taste
- -- pepper, to taste
- Blanch the walnuts in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Strain and allow to cool.
- In a blender, add the garlic, walnuts and olive oil and blend until creamy (a mortar and pestel can also be used for a more classic result).
- Remove the creamy walnuts from the blender and place in a bowl.
- Using a whisk, stir while adding the Parmigiano-Reggiano, parsley and cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store refrigerated for up to five days.
- This pesto is perfect to serve over fresh pasta such as fettuccine, ravioli, gnocchi and maltagliati.
Courtesy of Chef Massimo Capra