Walnut and Panko Shrimp with Ginger-Orange Dipping Sauce
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
This East-meets-West baked shrimp offers up a light and tasty appetizer. Serve with a gingery citrus sauce.
- 1 pound large prawns (tail on)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoon hot chili sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped walnuts
- 2 -- egg whites, beaten
- Ginger-Orange Sauce
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or lime juice
- Shrimp: Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Stir together prawns, honey, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Place breadcrumbs and walnuts in a small bowl. Holding each shrimp by the tail, dip in egg whites, then roll in breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with Ginger Orange Sauce.
- Ginger Orange Sauce: Simmer orange juice and ginger in a small saucepan until reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove half the sauce into a cup and add corn starch, stirring until smooth. Return this mixture to the sauce pan, combining all the orange liquid and blend well. Stir in honey and rice vinegar.
Recipe by Patty Mastracco, I Do Food.