Maple Cookies with Chopped Walnuts
- Yield 3 dozens
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg. Mix in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir in the baking powder, salt, flour and walnuts.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheets 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Emily Luchetti.