Walnut Ginger Honey Syrup
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1cup mild flavored (e.g. clover) honey
- 1-1/2tablespoon finely minced peeled fresh ginger OR strips of orange zest from one large orange
- 1-1/2cup California walnuts
- Prepare the syrup. In a small saucepan, bring honey and ginger to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer over very low heat for 1 minute, being careful not to let the honey boil over.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnuts. Cool to room temperature.
- Toast the coconut by spreading the coconut evenly on a microwavable plate. Heat on high power 5 minutes stirring every 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool.
- When the syrup has cooled to room temperature drizzle 2 tablespoons on top of each serving of citrus fruit. Top with toasted coconut and serve.