Walnut Flat Bread
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Enjoy the aromatic flavors of fresh dill, tarragon and basil in this satisfying and scrumptious bread. The savory taste of sundried tomatoes and the crunch of walnuts makes this bread a hearty appetizer. Slice the bread in wedges and dip them in peppery extra-virgin olive oil for a tantalizing bread.
- 1/2 package active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup very warm water, 120-130F
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -- egg
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup julienned sundried tomatoes
In a mixer bowl, dissolve yeast in water. In another bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, and egg and add to the water and yeast. Using a dough hook, knead in the mixer for about 5 minutes.
Add the herbs, walnuts and sundried tomatoes and mix for another 2 minutes on medium. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double. Punch down lightly and divide dough into 2 pieces. Roll into rounds using a rolling pin and place in two 8-inch pie tins. Let rise until double again.
Preheat the oven to 400F and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes. Yields 2 loaves