Walnut and Cucumber Gazpacho
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
This refreshing gazpacho stars cucumbers and walnuts instead of tomatoes.
- 4 -- English cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 1 bunch scallion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 cup toasted California walnuts
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt the cucumbers and let sit one hour.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
- Serve in a chilled bowl.
Recipe Courtesy of Chefs Duskie Estes & John Stewart of zazu & bovolo restaurants in Sonoma County, California