Walnut-Crusted Salmon Bites with Apricot Ginger Dipping Sauce
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 12 mins
Get a double dose of omega-3s with these crunchy, fun-to-eat salmon bites. Baked in a walnut, crumb and cilantro mixture, these delicious morsels are complemented with a tangy Apricot Ginger Dipping Sauce.
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped California walnuts
- 3/4 cup pankow bread crumbs (available in Asian markets) or regular, seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- -- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Apricot Ginger Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped California walnuts
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion, white and pale green part
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
Preheat oven to 400F.
Whisk together jam and vinegar; set aside.
In a blender or food processor, combine walnuts, bread crumbs and cilantro. Process a few turns until blended but still a coarse texture.
Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Brush salmon pieces with the jam mixture. Coat evenly with the walnut bread crumb mixture. Place on prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes.
Apricot Ginger Dipping Sauce
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Serve with crispy salmon bites.
Makes about 3/4 cup