Walnut Crusted Halibut with Honey Soy Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Firm halibut coated with walnuts and drizzled with a honey-soy sauce. This is an easy-to-make yet elegant dish your family will love!
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts, toasted
- 4 -- (6-ounce) Alaskan halibut filets
- 2 -- eggs lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, light
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups clover honey
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- Chop the walnuts.
- Stir a pinch of salt and pepper into the flour and reserve in a shallow dish.
- Whish together the honey and soy sauce and reserve.
- Dip the halibut filets in the flour, coating thoroughly and shaking gently to remove any excess. Next dip them in the egg wash, draining off any excess, and immediately roll in the walnuts to coat. Reserve for 5 minutes to allow the coating to “set.”
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan large enough to hold the filets and add the fish. Cook on one side until golden brown, flip carefully and finish in the oven for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Arrange on a plate and drizzle with the reserved sauce.
Recipe by Chef Joey Kistler, The Cutting Horse Restaurant.