Walnut Crescent Cookies
- Yield 60 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Germany’s Kipferin cookies inspire these rich, buttery baked goods. The sprinkling of vanilla sugar is a delightful addition to each crumbly bite.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground California walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup vanilla sugar
- In food processor pulse together flour, walnuts, salt, cinnamon and icing sugar to combine. Pulse in vanilla and eggs. Add butter and pulse to form dough, about 30 seconds.
- Shape dough into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least one hour and up to two days.
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C).
- Form chilled dough into little finger shaped cookies, about 1-1/4-inch (3 cm) in length. Shape into crescents and place on parchment lined cookie trays 1-inch (2.5 cm) apart. Bake in preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Brush warm baked cookies with melted butter and roll in vanilla sugar.
- Cool cookies completely on wire rack.