Walnut Cranberry Truffles
- Yield 30 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Studded with dried cranberries and rolled in chopped walnuts, these chocolate truffles are the perfect small-bite dessert.
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 cup California walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- In a small pot, bring the cream to a boil just around the edges. Add the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the cranberries.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a pie pan or 9 inch pan. Refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Using a teaspoon scoop the truffles. Return to the refrigerator and let firm up again, about 30 minutes.
- Place the walnuts on a plate or pie pan. Roll the truffles in the nuts and then roll them lightly between your palms until they are a nice round shape.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Emily Luchetti.