- Yield 3/4 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup California Walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, flat leaf, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt as needed
- 3/4 teaspoon White pepper, freshly ground as needed
- In a bowl of food processor combine butter, walnuts, parsley and lemon juice.
- Process, using quick on and off turns, about 2 minutes or until mixture is well blended. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Scrape into container, cover airtight and refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
- Use as directed for topping mushroom and walnut tartlets.
NOTE: In addition to its use in the tartlets, Walnut Butter can be made in quantity and used as a garnish or sauce on grilled or baked fish, pork, chicken and veal, or as a spread on tea sandwiches.
Dry Creek Kitchen recipe provided courtesy of Charlie Palmer