Walnut Breakfast Cereal
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 5 mins
Fuel yourself with the delicious goodness of oats, walnuts, apricots and dates.
This healthy dose of fiber and flavor is perfect for getting your day started right.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup spelt flakes
- 1 cup barley flakes
- 1 cup triticale flakes
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 2 cups California walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup dried dates, chopped
- Combine oats, spelt flakes, barley flakes, triticale flakes, wheat berries and California walnuts on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake in the centre of a 325F (160C) oven, stirring often, until grains and California walnuts are fragrant and golden, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In large airtight container, combine cooled grains with California walnuts, apricots and dates. Store in an airtight container for up to one month.