Walnut Blueberry Sundae
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Doll up some vanilla frozen yogurt with sugar-glazed walnuts, fresh blueberries and a touch of blueberry preserves.
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup California walnut halves
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 2-1/4 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 cups frozen vanilla yogurt (low-fat or fat free)
- To make glazed walnuts, preheat oven to 350F. Spray rimmed cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar with orange juice and cinnamon. Add walnuts; stir until well coated. Spread on prepared baking sheet. Bake until just toasted and aromatic, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar; stir until evenly coated. Cool to room temperature.
- To make blueberry compote, in 1-quart glass measuring cup or microwavable bowl, microwave preserves on high power just until melted, about 20 seconds. Fold in 2 cups blueberries and microwave until berries just start to pop, 30 to 60 seconds. Stir gently and cool to room temperature.
- To serve, divide blueberry compote among 4 dessert dishes. Scoop frozen yogurt onto compote. Top with glazed walnuts; garnish with remaining 1/4 cup fresh blueberries. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the California Walnut Board and the US Highbush Blueberry Council.