Walnut, Black Olive, and Dried Tomato Spread
- Yield 24 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
This spread also makes a great dip for raw vegetables. The amount of oil you will need to puree the mixture to a spreadable consistency will depend upon how much oil is in the olives and the tomatoes.
- 1 cup oil cured black olives, pitted
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup jarred sun dried tomatoes, in oil, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato oil from jar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarsely chop the olives and place them in a blender or food processor with the walnuts, dried tomato, tomato oil and fresh thyme.
- Blend or process until the mixture is well-mixed.
- Slowly add olive oil, pureeing or processing until the mixture reaches the desired consistency for spreading.
Makes about 3 cups
*Source for original: Joy of Cooking: 75th Anniversary edition copyright 2006