Walnut Banana Cookies
- Yield: 30 pieces
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 12tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3cup sugar
- 1/3cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1large egg
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1large banana
- 3/4cup instant (1 minute) oats
- 1 3/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4cups California walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the butter and sugars together until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Finely chop the banana (there will be about 3/4 cup) and stir it into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the oats, flour, salt, baking powder and walnuts.
- Place the cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake until light brown, about 15 minutes.
Recipe by Cheg Emily Luchetti.