Walnut, Arugula and Gorgonzola Crostini
- Yield: 6 servings
- 18-- 1/4-inch-thick diagonal baguette bread slices
- 4 1/2teaspoons butter, softened
- 6tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 3ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3tablespoons finely chopped arugula
- -- Pepper to taste
- -- Arugula leaves, garnish
- Spread one side of each baguette slice with 1/4 teaspoon butter. Arrange butter side up on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees
- Mix the walnuts, cheese and chopped arugula in a medium bowl. Spread over the cooled baguette slices. Season with pepper.
- Bake for 6 minutes or just until the cheese melts. Cool the crostini slightly.
- Arrange on a serving platter. Garnish with arugula leaves
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Mobile, Bay Tables (Junior League of Mobile, 1999)