VitaClay Beef and Quinoa Meatballs
- Yield 6 servings
Sneak whole grains and veggies into crowd-pleasing meatballs with this easy VitaClay recipe that will stretch your food dollar, too.
- 1 pound (95-percent) lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup grated zucchini
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg
- 1-2 cup chicken or beef broth
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, quinoa, onions, carrots, zucchini, ketchup, garlic, soy sauce, pepper, salt, oregano, thyme and egg until well combined. Shape beef mixture into 16 balls and transfer to VitaClay cooker. Add beef or chicken broth.
- Set on “Slow cook” for 1 hour or until cooked through. Serve hot.
Note: To cook quinoa, in VitaClay cooker, add 1 cup water and ½ cup quinoa, set on regular Rice Cooking until it switch to WARM. Fluff with a fork. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Recipe provided by VitaClay andadapted from Whole Foods Market.