- Yield 32-36 cups
- 5 pounds raw hamburger
- 1 large can tomato juice
- 1 large can water
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 2-3 large onions, white diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pepper (black)
- 3 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Cummin
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Cayenne
- 2 to 4 scoops bread crumbs, or as much as needed
- In large pot put in hamburger, which has been crumbled up. Add one large can tomato juice and use that empty can to fill with water. Pour in the water. Add diced celery and diced onions. Bring to boil and boil for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. Remove from heat. Add all the seasonings listed. Return to fire and let cook 45 minutes more. Remove from heat again and add just enough bread crumbs to thicken. You be the judge, also can add cooked or canned pinto beans if you want.
Note: Let cool completely before freezing.