- Yield 5 servings
"I got this recipe for vinegar chicken from My mother many years ago. We all loved her chicken. It always turned out great. I added the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce later on."
- 5 chicken leg quarters
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Place the chicken in the pan. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle 1/3 of this mixture over the chicken. Season with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven, and baste with another 1/3 of the vinegar mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer. Baste again with the remaining vinegar mixture. Return to the oven, and continued baking for 15 minutes, until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This recipe also works with chicken breasts with the skin on. A disposable pan is strongly suggested, because this basting sauce bakes on and blackens. Serve this chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes.
Recipe by Techler M. Clark, Greenbrier, Ark.