Vinaigrette Potato Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 3tablespoons white wine vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4cup olive oil
- 1pound small red new potatoes
- 1pound small white boiling potatoes
- -- Salt to taste
- 2 1/2tablespoons dry white wine
- 2tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/4cup minced green onions
- 2tablespoons fresh dill weed
- 2tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 1/2tablespoons slivered basil
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the olive oil gradually, whisking constantly until emulsified.
- To prepare the salad, combine the potatoes with enough salted water to cover in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender; drain. Let stand, covered, in the saucepan for 10 minutes longer. Cool the potatoes until they are cool enough to handle and cut into halves or quarters. Combine potatoes with the wine and chicken stock in a bowl and toss lightly. Add the vinaigrette to the potatoes and mix gently. Add the green onions, dill weed, parsley, basil, salt and pepper and toss to mix well.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of the Emerald Coast’s Beach Appetit (The Junior League of the Emerald Coast, Inc., 2004).