Vinagrete (Brazilian Tomato Slaw)
- Yield 8 servings
This refreshing combination, something like a salad-textured gazpacho, makes a fresh, piquant side for a Brazilian black bean plate.
- 1/2 English cucumber, unpeeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and let stand 3 hours at room temperature.
—Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.