- Yield 8 servings
Serve this low-fat version of an enduring favorite soup in chilled bowls with chives or chopped green onions sprinkled on top.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 (16-ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, melt margarine and saute onion until tender. Add potatoes, chicken broth and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree. Whisk in skim milk and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, and serve cold.