Very Mango Chutney
- Yield 10 servings
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 small habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large very ripe, soft mangos, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a large sauce pan over medium high heat, combine the sugar and vinegar bringing the mixture to a simmer. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, pepper and salt. Let this come back to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the mango, lime juice and raisins. Simmer for another 15-20 minutes until the mixture becomes the consistency for a marmalade.
Serving Suggestions: Pair with grilled meat or poultry for an elegant dinner. Leftover chutney can keep in refrigerator for 1 month and in freezer for 3 months.
Recipe courtesy of the National Mango Board