Veggies for Dinner
- Yield 6-8 cups
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 1 can green chilis small can
- 1 can chopped black olives small can
- 1 can whole small kernal corn
- 3 tablespoons green olives with pimiento sliced
- 3 fluid ounces balsamic vinegar
- 3 fluid ounces olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 pieces jalapenos optional
- 3 tablespoons parsley or cilantro
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion, red or white
Using a large colander and a large glass bowl. Drain and rinse beans. Drain corn and olives. Toss all ingredients together with green chilis, green and black olives, vinegar, oil, Italian herbs, chopped parsley or cilantro, seasoning salt, and salt and pepper to adjust seasoning.
Add seeded and chopped jalapenos, if desired. Refrigerate for at least one day stirring every several hours. I use whatever beans I have on hand. This keeps for several days.
I like to add a few ripe tomatoes and 1/2 sliced onion a few hours before serving that gives it a fresh look.