Veggie-tize Your Omelet
- Yield: 1 servings
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2cup broccoli and/or cauliflower, chopped
- 1whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 2tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4cup tomato, diced
- Herbs for seasoning (e.g. basil, oregano, cilantro, parsley)
- Whisk whole egg and egg white gently in small bowl.
- In a small nonstick skillet, sauté onions in olive oil. Add broccoli and/or cauliflower and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs and cook until set.
- Gently flip, add cheese and dried or fresh herbs. Cook until bottom is slightly golden. Gently fold omelet in half. Top with tomatoes and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 403
- Cholesterol 223mg
- Sodium 336mg
- Fiber 4