Veggie-tize Your Omelet
- Yield 1 servings
A healthy omelet for one packed with vegetables and a bit of cheese.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli and/or cauliflower, chopped
- 1 whole egg
- 1 -- egg white
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- -- Herbs for seasoning (e.g. basil, oregano, cilantro, parsley)
- Whisk whole egg and egg white gently in small bowl.
- In a small nonstick skillet, sauté onions in olive oil. Add broccoli and/or cauliflower and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs and cook until set.
- Gently flip, add cheese and dried or fresh herbs. Cook until bottom is slightly golden. Gently fold omelet in half. Top with tomatoes and serve.