Veggie-tize Your Omelet
- Yield 1 servings
A healthy omelet for one packed with vegetables and a bit of cheese.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli and/or cauliflower, chopped
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- Herbs for seasoning (e.g. basil, oregano, cilantro, parsley)
- Whisk whole egg and egg white gently in small bowl.
- In a small nonstick skillet, sauté onions in olive oil. Add broccoli and/or cauliflower and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs and cook until set.
- Gently flip, add cheese and dried or fresh herbs. Cook until bottom is slightly golden. Gently fold omelet in half. Top with tomatoes and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids