- Yield 8 servings
Packed with three cheeses, spinach and broccoli, this lasagna is loaded with calcium for healthy bones.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 -- garlic clove, crushed
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 pound frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 pound low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- To assemble:
- 4 cups vegetarian marinara sauce
- 9 -- to 12 whole-wheat lasagna noodles, cooked until al dente and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare filling, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, garlic and onion and sauté until soft. Add nutmeg, oregano, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, broccoli and cheeses.
- To assemble, spread 1 cup marinara sauce on bottom of a rectangular baking pan. Add 3 or 4 lasagna noodles, overlapping if needed. Top noodles with one-third of filling. Pour 1 cup marinara sauce over filling and sprinkle with one-third of Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering twice—noodles, filling, sauce and Parmesan cheese. Cover lightly with foil and bake 45 minutes or until center is hot.
—Recipe by Diana Randolph, Drummond, Wis.