- Yield 8 servings
Packed with three cheeses, spinach and broccoli, this lasagna is loaded with calcium for healthy bones.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 pound frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 pound low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- To assemble:
- 4 cups vegetarian marinara sauce
- 9 to 12 whole-wheat lasagna noodles, cooked until al dente and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare filling, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, garlic and onion and sauté until soft. Add nutmeg, oregano, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, broccoli and cheeses.
- To assemble, spread 1 cup marinara sauce on bottom of a rectangular baking pan. Add 3 or 4 lasagna noodles, overlapping if needed. Top noodles with one-third of filling. Pour 1 cup marinara sauce over filling and sprinkle with one-third of Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering twice—noodles, filling, sauce and Parmesan cheese. Cover lightly with foil and bake 45 minutes or until center is hot.